? ??????????????Butter Bubbles? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.1 (15 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 1891 Total Grabs.
??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Lots Of Stars? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.7 (14 Ratings)??2 Grabs Today. 1450 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Blue Aurora? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (1 R CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm deeply in love....with Mr. DISC....

Yeah…at last…I have time for my ‘blogging’…WEEKEND is undeniably the nicest time…any denial? [with the exclusion of our beloved Dr. R’s assignments and tasks, definitely]..right?....
I would like to start my third entry of blog with the revelation of my first notion on DISC [Designing Interactive Student’s Collaboration]. Few weeks before I entered the class, I once thought that it would be nice if I were introduced to software on how to design and produce a nice yet meaningful poster. Therefore, once our guest facilitator, Ms. Nazirah told us that we were going to work on DISC, I was very excited. However, it was something different from my expectation… there was no use of any new software in designing a poster. According to Ms. Nazirah, designing a poster could just involve a power point. It actually depends more on our creativity and our ability to produce the best out of the limited sources. At first, it hampered me a little since I was expecting software on designing poster that would be ‘alien’ to me…yet I continued and enjoyed the lesson as I LOVE posters so much where I will always look at posters whenever I found them and try to read the meaning that is meant to be conveyed….let me tell you and describe my most memorable poster that I have encountered…. the most meaningful poster that I have found is a poster portraying an old man wearing formal lying on a rest chair and he is having his cigarette….and the phrase stated in the poster is ‘TIME IS VALUELESS’….every individual is unique…thus, I will leave it up to all of you to interpret it on your way…it would be nice if I can find the poster and let you all have a glance on it…. Unfortunately….I am sorry ya…

The requirements of that day task was to design the most meaningful and interesting in line with our 50th independence day using only prepared background/ outline of posters in power point and limited pictures provided. In addition, the poster would also function as a medium for us to convey or send our gratitude to our ancestors’ sacrifices and voice out our love to our beloved country Malaysia….
At last, we came to an agreement where each of us agrees on designing a poster that portrays the development and the progress that Malaysia is having today and having a picture that portrays efforts, unity and sacrifices of ancestors before independence were declared ours….Suddenly, Ms. Nazirah came to our group and had a look at our poster…she asked us, how do we know the concept of centrality because centrality is one of the most important aspect in designing poster due to its ability to capture viewer’s attention…at this moment, our answered hampered her actually because we ‘just do it’ as nike….he…no basic in designing poster at all….really sorry Ms. Nazirah…but we tried out best…and it is not over said, I presume, if I say that we are satisfied with our poster…as the best part was our words and voices are conveyed meaningfully through Hadi’s poem…[one of our group member]….so, thank you everybody…

Before I end my third entry, I would like to attempt questions posed by our lecturer….down here…

Ö Did you face any problem during the session? Why?
Yes, we faced some problem especially in selecting a picture out of limited pictures provided. Yet, it can be seen in positive way where it actually challenged our mind and creativity in producing the best out of limited sources.

Ö What do you think of the instruction?
From my humble point of view, [quoted asha], the instruction and the requirements were very clear as we can see clearly what was expected from us.

Ö What improvements can you suggest?
Frankly, everything was carried out very well as we were given clear instructions and ample examples. Guidance was also provided. It is just that the class would be more interesting if we were briefed on the important characteristics in designing posters so that a better, more meaningful and more creative posters can be produced during the session as compared to just learning from our work at the end of the session. This is due to the reason that we do not have the opportunity to be judged again after learning the basic principles of designing a poster…..

Ö How would you carry out this design session with primary level students?
Since that ‘primary level students’ are the target that we cater with, I do think that the best way would be ‘handling them in small groups’. Perhaps, it could be only 15 – 20 pupils in each session. This is due to the reason that primary level students need more guidance and we, as teachers should avoid them from feeling neglected as it will hamper their learning. Moreover, as we know, this designing poster activity involves the use of computers. Thus, this will stir the pupils and the class will be hard to control and the best way to cope with this problem is ‘having them in small groups’

Thank you all for spending your time here….

PROUD TO BE Malaysian…..Siti Nur hanis Binti Mohd Zainol….

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

1 comments:

cik ju said...

huhu....yup...i do learn about 'balancing' objects in poster...gud that you share this with our friends...
love the images in your blog.....i prefer to acknowledge you as a 'techno' person since you are quite advanced in technology...hehe...